Wednesday, January 15, 2014

H&M Shoes and Jewelry

Yesterday I made yet another trip to H&M, during my lunch hour at work. I was looking for some new pieces of jewelry, a couple of bracelets and a couple of statement rings, there were lots of items on sale, so this is what I chose. I already tried the bracelets on, but not the rings yet (will do that tomorrow), so that’s why the rings still have their labels attached.


While browsing the jewelry rack at H&M, I also noticed a pair of platform sandals with chunky heels that caught my eye. As I could figure out, it was the last pair, but it was in my size, I tried them on, they fit perfectly, so I bought them.

The thing is that I am into comfortable footwear right now. I love high heeled stilettos, and I own lots of pairs of stilettos, but I don’t get to wear them that much anymore these days, and the reason is that after giving birth to my son Alex, I was never able to fully go back to stilettos anymore, and I was never able to wear them with the same ease as I used to do it when I was in my twenties.

In such a case, my perfect compromise for comfortable and stylish shoes is chunky heeled and platform footwear, and this is precisely why I bought those two pairs of booties, black and leopard print, that I showed you in one of my previous articles.

Here are my new H&M chunky heel sandals, and I especially liked them due to their soft colors, but also, of course, due to their comfort level.



I also would like to share with you a little funny story about these particular photos. As I was saying, I bought the sandals yesterday, but when I was done with my job at 4 PM, I didn’t take them home, but left them in the office. The weather is nice in Toronto these days, but it’s still not that warm, so I leave home wearing winter boots and change in some more stylish shoes once I arrive in the office. Yesterday when I bought these sandals, I thought I needn’t take them home, but rather leave them in my drawer at the office, and wear them today. What was the point of carrying them home yesterday and then back again today, since I wanted to wear them in the office anyway. Besides that, the office with our carpeted floors and all is the only environment they can be worn for now, as the current weather in Toronto is not warm, sunny or dry enough to take them outside for long walks. And they are suede, so I don’t want to ruin them in a less than perfect weather, even though I wouldn’t necessarily freeze if I wore them with tights.

So this morning I arrived at the office, and before taking them on, I took these pictures with my muted iPhone – under and on my desk. Pardon the imperfect quality of some phone pictures. Don’t mind the collateral objects from the photos like the blue recycling bin from under my desk or my keyboard and mouse. :) Since they were still unworn, I could safely put them on my desk to take a few photos. Then I put them on. I really wish this picture turned out to be of better quality, because they actually look much better.


I wore them today all day at work, and they are really confy. Fine, I can’t wear stilettos anymore but for short times, so chunky heels and platforms will do for me when I want to wear stylish and comfortable shoes. I also hit the gym 3 times a week during my lunch hour at work (the gym is right across the building where my office is), so today when I went to gym, I wore my new H&M-ies and took the opportunity to get them outside on the street for a little bit. I’ll probably keep them at the office until Friday, and then bring them home, because I might want to enjoy them during this weekend.

What do you think of my new shoes and jewelry?

Have a lovely day everyone!

Photo credit: Victoria West

15 comments:

  1. chiar superbe sandalele! la noi , in H&M nu prea sunt multe bijuterii, dar mai gasesti cate ceva!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Fabrizia, thanks for stopping by and for leaving a comment. I'm glad you like them.
      Have a fabulous day my dear!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for letting me know, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i;ve forgotten how amazing H&M could be..

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annick, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
      Enjoy your weekend my dear!

      Delete
  5. Imi plac bijuteriile H&M, dar imi pare rau ca adesea sunt lipsite de calitate. Folosesc materiale oxidabile si dupa nici doua purtari devin inestetice, plus lasa urme si pe piele.
    Pe de alta parte sunt incantata de jeansii lor, in ultimele doua intrari la ei mi-am luat 3 perechi.
    Sandalele sunt cool si ar fi super tare sa le vedem purtate si intr-o combinatie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc Zadin pentru comentariu. Este prima oara cand cumpar bijuterii de la H&M, sa vad cum se vor comporta.
      Ma bucur ca iti plac sandalele, si ma gandesc la o tinuta in care sa le includ. :)
      Sa ai un weekend grozav!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Valentina, thank you for your visit and for your comment.
      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. Great choices, those shoes are fantastic!

    http://www.asparklyhanger.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anca for stopping by and for a leaving a comment, I'm glad you like my purchases. :)
      Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Delete
  8. Foarte frumoase bijuteriile de la H&M :) si sandalele sunt dragute de asemenea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buna Macy, bine ai venit pe blogul meu si multumesc pentru vizita si comentariu. Ma bucur ca iti plac achizitiile mele. :) Te mai astept cu drag si sa ai un weekend excelent!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments!